The PRINCE2 project management method has become the de-facto standard for many large Australian organisations. The clearly-defined approach is appealing to many organisations as it supports the controlled access to resources, stage-by-stage project review and approval, and clarity of roles and responsibilities.
- Maintenance of document templates and ensuring that project managers have simplified access to the latest versions of all templates
- Ensuring all project documentation is created and stored in a consistent manner and location
- Providing project managers with process support information relating to which project management deliverables are required and when
- Simplifying the approval process for stage and exception plan authorisations
- Making PRINCE2 scalable to cater for smaller project sizes within an organisation
- Ensuring a consistent approach to risk and issue - capture, reporting and escalation
- Managing Stage Boundary approvals
- Managing the product delivery process through the acceptance, execution and delivery of work package activities
- The electronic capture of document approvals including document version control and revision history
- The delivery of exception reports to management supporting the Directing of a Project
- The automated creation of project highlight and status reports
EPM Partners respond to these challenges with a ready-made Microsoft Project Server flavour for PRINCE2 which is preconfigured solution with:
- document template storage and content management supporting immediate application of document template changes to all new workspace documents
- automated creation of project workspaces where documents, risks, issues, and other project data is recorded and centrally maintained
- configured project management pages to step the project manager through the management method and prompt/require the submission of project data/documents at each stage
- stage and exception plan document workflow approvals
- predefined Enterprise Project Types supporting a smaller number of PRINCE2 deliverables for those projects that produce a subset of management deliverables
- configured workflows to manage Stage Boundary approvals
- automated project highlight and status reports that include reference to all aspects of the project including Risks and Issues.
- traffic light exception reports by project, program and portfolio
EPM Partners' EPM-for-PRINCE2 Solution Accelerator combines knowledge of the PRINCE2 project management method with Project Server configurations. EPM-for-PRINCE2 Solution Accelerator is available for internal deployment to clients' own infrastructure, or on EPM Partners' EPM-on-Demand service.