A frequently asked question by clients who utilise document libraries in SharePoint to store documents is – can I access them directly from my Office Applications like Word, Excel or Windows Explorer?
The good news is yes and it’s not difficult to do if you follow the below steps:
1. Browse to the desired Document library from Internet Explorer
2. Click on the Library ribbon.
3. Click the Open with Explorer icon
4. Wait for Windows Explorer to open
5. Drag the folder icon from the Windows Explorer address bar to the top of your favorites icon:
6. Right click on the newly created favourite and rename it to be more easily recognisable.
Note: You will need to repeat the above steps for each document library that you wish to access via this method.