I thought I’d share a resolution to a baffling timesheet issue I encountered this week.
When I went to add an existing task back into my timesheet, I was confronted with the following error.
The error in the ULS was rather vague (as it often is). It stated the following:-
Well, since I’m privileged with working on many support tickets which get translated into timesheet assignments by way of our SPLINK solution, I have thousands of assignments. It turns out there is a limit to the number of assignment before the error above occurs.
The resolution I employed was to open the old Support projects no longer in use (Support FY14a, Support FY14b, SupportFY15a) and to “Closed Task to Updates” via the Close Tasks to Update view in PWA; ie. changed Locked status from No to Yes for all tasks. It should be noted that this view by default is not available to anyone as it isn’t associated to any Project Server security categories. In my case, I added the view to the “My Organization” category and then the view was available for use.