Recently I made some configuration changes to Project Professional, later I realised I didn’t want all these changes any more. This led me to investigate the possibilities of restoring the default out of the box settings, rather than remembering the previous changes I had made and manually changing them one by one. The below details the exact steps to complete this for Project Professional 2013:
- If you currently have Project Professional open, you’ll need to make sure that you close it. Once closed, you will need to open the file path where the Global path sits C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\MS Project\15\<locale id>. Please note dependent on your language the locale id will differ. For a list of locale id please reference http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/goglobal/bb964664.aspx.
- Once you browse to this location you will see the Global.MPT file. The Global.MPT is a planning template file that contains a collection of settings that are applied to all Projects. You will need to delete this file.
- The next step is to remove the Project Options Key. To complete this you will need to click the start menu and click run, once you are prompted with the run box please type Regedit.exe
- For the next step, we need to make some changes to the registry. Please be careful making any changes, ensure you take a backup first as a wrong change could be fatal. Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\MS Project\Options.Please Note: The location is displayed at the bottom on the window
- Right click on the Options key and click Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select the location, name the file and click Save.
- Right click on the Options key and click Delete.
- In the Confirm Delete Key dialog box, click Yes. Close the Registry Editor and open Project Professional 2013.
NOTE: If you also have Project Professional 2010 installed, you may receive the following dialog box:
If you do, click Cancel and select don’t tell me about this again check box. If you were successful you will have the Welcome to Project displayed:
- From the FILE tab, click Info, then click Organizer. All the elements listed should be reset to the original settings when you first installed Project 2013.
- From the FILE tab, click Options. All the Project Options should be reset to the settings when you first installed Project 2013.
Was this information helpful?
To get more news, events and blogs from EPM Partners sign up to our mailing list today by Clicking Here.