When using My Tasks in Project Server a Team member can submit a proposed revision to the task start and finish dates to the PM for review by updating the start and finish dates and submitting for approval.
If the PM rejects the update the Team Member is notified of this by the display of the red cross next to the task. However the start and finish dates do not reset to the originals – they continue to display the rejected proposed dates.
Thus the Team Member has no easy way to review the dates on which the PM is still expecting the task to be done.
In order to keep a record of the “Scheduled” dates and make it visible to the Team Member follow the following steps.
- Create a custom enterprise task textfield for example “Schedule Start”.
- Define it to be based on the formula =[start]
- Define the summary tasks to use formula
- Define the Calculation for assignment rows to “Roll Down” (thanks to Adam McCormack for this tip)
- Leave the other field settings as default
- Add the new field to the “My Assignments” view by selecting Server Settings and Manage Views.
- Open MS Project after the above steps are complete and Publish the required project/s
Login to my tasks to confirm the scheduled dates now appears in the My Tasks view as below