Objective: Populate the current system date in the Custom Date type column. Today’s date will be displayed in custom field when a user add an item to the list.
1. Open Project Web App, Click on Site Settings under the Site Actions option.
2. Click on Site and Workspaces option under Site Administration on Site Setting page.
5. Click on List Settings in the Settings Group under List Tab.
6. On List Setting page, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Create Column under Section Columns.
7. Now, on Create column page enter the details of the Custom field. In this example, Date Raised is the name of the custom field. Now, select the date and time column type.
Please note to display auto populated system current date, you need to select the option Today’s Date under Default Value in Additional Column Settings on Create Column page, because by default it is not selected. Please refer to the highlighted section on the below screenshot.
We hope you find this article useful.